Enrichment is a very important part of life at Ainthorpe.
We have a Let’s Get Cooking club to help children find a passion for being in the kitchen.
The idea of the club is to get parents and children involved by showing them that cooking and baking can be healthy and tasty.
We also have a story club who meet on a Friday lunchtime in the library. The club primarily runs for children with English as an additional language but any children are welcome to come along and listen to stories spoken in different languages. It is a very popular club and all the children enjoy hearing each other read.
Here is a lovely piece of writing in Turkish, by Seymagul.
As a David Ross Education Trust Academy we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full day trips
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801