Enrichment is a very important part of life at Ainthorpe.
As a David Ross Education Trust Academy we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
- Hansel and Gretel Opera in conjunction with Neville Holt
- Boccia ball competition
- DRET Winter cup
- World Book Day
Our most recent opportunities include:
- Residential visits
- Cultural trips to various places of worship
- Art exhibitions
- Various clubs both during and after school including football, choir, dance, sewing, sketch and lego
- An overhaul of our Foundation Stage environment, both outside and inside
- Inviting parents back into school for stay and play, stay and read, craft sessions and educational workshops
- Before and after school opportunities for our Y6 pupils
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801