The government believes that the pupil premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment by improving the breadth of experiences for a specific group.
As we view all pupils as individual learners the scope of use will vary to best fit the pupils' needs as they arise.
Ainthorpe Primary School is committed to ‘Narrowing the Gap’ between vulnerable pupils and their peers.
It is the responsibility of the Governors to explain pupil premium expenditure to parents/carers in the form of an annual statement.
Parents and carers will be able to obtain information on pupil premium via the school’s website. This will be updated annually.
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups. This specifically includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we will recognise that not all pupils who are eligible for free school meals, (or have been eligible in the last 6 years) are socially disadvantaged.
- We will also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils that the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following annual needs analyses which will identify priority classes and groups. To see our full document breakdown please download the PDF on this page.
Sports Premium Funding
The government is spending over £450 million on improving physical education and sport in primary schools.
Schools can choose how they use the funding to best improve their sports provision, sport participation and attainment. Details of how we plan to allocate the grant for the academic year can also be viewed by downloading the document below.
- Ainthorpe Impact Report 19 20
- Ainthorpe Primary Pupil Premium Spend Plan 2019 20
- Ainthorpe Primary School Pupil Premium Impact report 2019 20
- Ainthorpe Pupil Premium Catch Up 2020 21
- Ainthorpe Pupil Premium Impact Report 2017 18
- Ainthorpe Pupil Premium Spend Plan 2017 18
- Ainthorpe Pupil Premium Spend Plan 2018 19
- Ainthorpe Pupil Premium Spending Plan 2017 18
- Ainthorpe Sport Premium Impact Report 2020 21 docx
- Ainthorpe Sport Premium Impact Report 2021 22
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium 2020 21
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium 2021 22 docx
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium 2022 23
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium Impact Report 2018 19
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium Plan 2017 18
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium Plan 2018 19
- Ainthorpe Sports Premium Plan 2019 20
- PP Spend Plan 2020 21
- PP Strategy Ainthorpe
- Pupil Premium Strategy 22 23